Sunday, June 19, 2011

RARE BASED MINI REVIEWS FOR THE ZEF SIDE OF JAPAN

We've been through so much this semester, well for me it's been about half a semester. I've seen some things I liked, and some things I didn't like (namely the teacher). It's time I told everyone how I really feel instead of keeping everything bottled inside like I usually do (HAHAHA). On with the reviews.

DO YOU LIKE PARTIES? MINI REVIEW NUMERO ICHI

The Beastie Boys laid the playing field for the entire rap genre. They were always fightin' for their right to party, as they explained in their famous 1986 music video "Fight For Your Right (To Party)." This is a splendid music video, it really captures the quirkiness of the Beastie Boys and contains many themes that we still see today in the hip hop genre such as scandalous parties, drinking, and smokin' hot women. The Boys come bustin' in the door and show those nerds how things should be done. They are everything that white suburban kids wish they could be. That's probably why the song became so popular, everyone wants to party, and when you can't, you do the next best thing : listen to someone who can. The Beastie Boys showed us that rap isn't just for black kids living in the Bronx, it's for everyone from everywhere. We're all just jealous of the Beastie Boys.


TEACHINGS OF A TEACHER. MINI REVIEW NUMERO NI
Kate Hillier Edwards
Mr. Scott Edwards. Lover, Hater, Teacher, Father. All in one nice bearded package. I am going to review your teaching for this semester. Overall I would give it an 88%, just shy of that DESERVED 90. As usual, you can grab the attention of the students, however it takes longer than it should. You gotta pound that hammer down son, get up in their grills. The majority of problems I found this semester were all based around staying on topic, we (and I'm not including myself) could never stick to the lesson plan. I understand that this is a loosely based class, but please try harder to keep your next batch of idiots (again, not including myself) in line. I suggest given them 10 minutes of "free talk" time at the end of the period, however in exchange any interruptions will not be tolerated. I also noticed that during 2001 you answered your cell phone? This is unacceptable. So it does not distract you I recommend leaving it at home. You're a good teacher, stop letting students push you around. You don't have to be nice to everybody. I am hoping this newborn offspring of yours will bring out a more strict side.

TO MONO OR NOT TO MONO? THAT IS THE QUESTION. THE BEATLES IN MONO MINI REVIEW NUMERO SAN.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AdKUJqIFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Remember this conversation? Cause I do. Now I'm not hear to rag on mono, I'm here to tell the truth. Mono and Stereo recordings do not make a difference! I don't care what the original one was record in, or how many small snippets of extras are in it, it's all the same thing. The worst part is it makes these hipsters run wild thinking their so chic and interesting cause they have the Bob Dylan mono box set where the CDs are made to resemble the original vinyl releases. All Dylan does is play guitar and ramble, how is spending more for something justified in being able to here him play an extra chord or something? The Bealtes mono box set is like 400 dollars at Sunrise, whereas the stereo box set (which looks much nicer) is a mere 200. Ghareck downloaded the entire Beatles discography in mono, and he said he couldn't here a single difference. If you bought the mono first, that's cool. But don't buy it if you already have the stereo recording. Ghareck is getting the Bob Dylan mono set of 8 CDs, four of which he already has. But because they're in stereo they "aren't the same." YES THEY ARE.

UH OH. NO COWBELL IN A PART OF THE VERSE?!?! WHATEVER WILL I DO WITHOUT THE COWBELL. I mean come on, it's not like it will hinder your listening experience, just your wallet. The only people who buy both only do it so they can talk about how they know more than other people. I'm too angry too continue this review so I will end it here.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldjgd4IEQS1qfaer9o1_500.jpg

WOAH - MINI REVIEW NUMERO SHI

We did watch this in class. You put it on the thing and everything, so it counts. Anyways, this has everything you want. It's like the best action movie packed into 4 minutes. You have a muscly guy screaming, a building being blown up, and a killer soundtrack. WOAH and OH rhyme, so they make song. I don't know why, but you can never get tired of those words. Everything in the video just flows together so perfectly you'd think it was just naturally this way. The song the exert is taken from is actaually 12 minutes long, and really sucks. But that 30 seconds of woahing makes up for the rest of the eleven and a half minutes of crap. The video is the most masculine thing every created. It screams "WOAH" right in your face, and you just sit there groooooving on it.

Well that's it for my mini-reviews. I wanted to review Darren, Jake and Rileys silent film cause it was awesome, but it wasn't on the BCI media studies youtube page. So in a way, it's YOUR fault. I can speak to YOU directly because I know no one will ever read this. I'm out.

PS: I do read the marking criteria, and since I answered your question in it I think you owe me extra marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment